Zonta Club of Woodstock Bursary Award
This bursary will be awarded to three residents of Oxford County, living in an area serviced by the Secondary Schools in Oxford County, proceeding to a recognized Canadian University or Community College. The value of the award is $1000 per recipient. Payment will be made upon receipt of the appropriate confirmation of registration.
The major consideration in the evaluation of candidates in the order of priority shall be:
1. assessment of financial need,
2. chance of success in selected program,
3. academic achievement,
4. range of interest.
At the following locations from Guidance Counsellors and submitted by May (specific date to be determined).
- Blossom Park Education Centre
- Fanshawe College-Woodstock Campus
- Ingamo Homes
- Women’s Employment Resource Centre
- Human Resources Skill Development Canada (HRSDC), Woodstock
- College Avenue Secondary School
- Huron Park Secondary School
- Woodstock Collegiate Institute
- St. Mary’s High School/Ecole Ste. Marie
- Ingersoll District Collegiate Institute
- Glendale High School
Zonta Club of Woodstock Young Women in Public Affairs Award
Young Women in Public Affairs is an award that recognizes the commitment of pre-university or pre-college female students to the volunteer sector in their community.
Women of any nationality who are students of age 16-19, living or studying in a Zonta district/region at the time of application and demonstrate evidence of the following are eligible to apply:
- Active commitment to volunteerism
- Experience in local or student government
- Volunteer leadership achievements
- Knowledge of Zonta International and its programs
- Advocating in Zonta International’s mission of advancing the status of women worldwide
Available from local high schools Guidance Counsellors.